By default, the photos are kept within the app. If you would like to save them to your mobile device or computer as well, please follow these simple steps.
Save to a mobile device
- Select the album from which you would like to save photos to your device then tap the Share button to open the sharing options.
- Next, select the photos you'd like to save. If you want to save all the photos of an album, simply tap the circle on the top-right to instantly select all photos with one tap. Then tap Save selected photos in the actions menu.
- If you want to save photos from different albums, press the Share icon from the home screen, select your photos to save, then tap Save selected photos from the options below.
- The app will then show you the available photo saving options. Choose Save to this device
- If the selected photos have any details you entered, the app will ask you if you wish to save photos with or without those added details. Choosing with details means photos will be saved along with a Polaroid-like white border including the text of your added captions. Without details means saving only the photo file itself.
Accessing your photos
If you grant the app full access, your photos will be saved in your device’s photos app. For your convenience, Photomyne will also create a 'Photomyne’ album in your photos app. All photos scanned and saved with the app will also appear there.
Please note: On Android devices, if you have an SD card inserted, the photos will be saved to the card.
Save to a computer
As mentioned above, you'll see multiple photo saving options. Choose Send to my computer to access your scanned photos on you personal computer (desktop/laptop). Here's how:
- When you see the photo saving options, select Send to my computer.
- Next, you'll be asked to fill out your email address - Photomyne will use this email to send you a link to access your photos on your computer.
- Open your email account on your computer. Look for the email from Photomyne. Check your spam folder in case you don't see it in your inbox.
- Click the link in that email to access your photos on your computer.
- Once you've seen your photos online, you can download all of them to your computer. Look for the Download all photos button on the left side menu. This will download the photos with the details you added to them too. Those details will save as a text file with the same name as its photo. Plus, if you scanned the back of a photo or recorded an audio file, they will be saved too (iOS only).
Save to Google Photos
- Select the album from which you would like to save to your Google Photos gallery.
- Next, select the photos you would like to save.
- This will prompt an option to connect to Google Photos.
Need help and/or have more questions? Contact our support team for further assistance.
This page was last updated in June 2023