With Photomyne you can scan different types of printed media in the same camera screen. Look for the bar above the scanning button and swipe right and left to toggle the scanner to the right scanner setting.
The available modes:
- Photos: use this option to scan one or more photos in a single shot. The app will auto crop each photo individually.
- Slides: use this option to scan slides. This should be done against a backlight.
- Negatives: use this option to scan film negatives. This should be done against a backlight.
- Scrapbook: use this option to scan an entire page of an album or scrapbook. This mode is best if you don't want the app to auto-crop like it does in the ‘Photos’ mode.
- Text: use this option to scan notes, letters, or any type of written documents.
- Art: use this option to scan drawings, paintings, or any type of art.
- The app will remind you what camera mode you are on, in case you switched accidentally.
- Use the Question mark icon at the top left of the screen to see a scanning tutorial for each mode.
Need help and/or have more questions? Contact our support team for further assistance.
This page was last updated in June 2023